Tuesday 24 January 2012

H&M Vanity Fair Eyeshadows Review

So I've been eyeing H&M make-up for quite some time but never really found a reason to buy it, especially because a lot of it is bright colours and I mostly wear neutrals. However looking in the January sales I saw that this palette had gone down from £6 to £3 so I thought, go on then!
I'd firstly like to apologise for the fact the pictures of the palette are not from when it was completely untouched as I couldn't find my camera when I first bought it however I have hardly made a dent and it doesn't make much of a difference.

So this is what it looks like and the first thing I notice are the shell like patterns in the shadows. I think this is a really nice, simple effect which distract you from the kind of cheap looking packaging.
It comes with two double ended sponge brushes, which personally I won't be using, but I think are useful for people first coming into make-up, especially with the cheap price.
 I think the colour range itself is good, it has a couple of neutrals and a couple of colours, all quite subtle and with a hint of glitter/shimmer.
Without Flash
With Flash
Swatches!
Without flash
With flash

I think the colours themselves have good colour pay off overall, especially the dark navy (#9). 
The worst colour pay offs I would say are the white (#1) and the lilac (#10) although they are both light colours. I think I can live with the white being not overly pigmented though, as I would use this as a highlight in my inner corner of the eye and below my brow bone to bright a subtle amount of light to my eyes.
The formulation is good but I think the pinker shades (#5, #6 and #10) are a bit more powdery than the rest, nothing a bit of blending couldn't beat though.
My favourites are probably #4, which is a lovely orangey gold, #7, which is a beautiful sea green and #8 which is a bright ocean blue.
For everyday wear though, #1, #2 and #3 are all great.

Overall I think that this is a good palette for £3-£6.
I do think I will be trying other H&M make-up products.

Clara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment