Wednesday 21 August 2013

Lioele Dollish Veil Vita BB Vs. Lioele Beyond the Solution BB








I recieved these samples of Lioele BB creams probably over a year ago when I ordered a Lioele Powder Pact and for whatever reason have never used them, so recently I've had an interest in investing in one so decided testing them out first would be the best way.
I used one sample of the Beyond the Solution BB before, but over a year ago and all I can remember is that it was higher coverage than I expected and there was a lot more product in the sample than I expected.
Some people like comparing two face products by putting one on one half of the face and the other on the other half, but I decided as I only have samples which I don't want to waste I'd just do them on seperate days.
Everything I'm writing is in "real time" of when it happens, I figured this would be the best way of me portraying my first impressions rather than from memory, which is why it will all be written in present tense.


I have a lot of spots and red areas at the moment, so I'm looking for something with decent coverage which won't irritate my skin or slide off. I have oily/combination skin so applied a small amount of moisturiser to my cheeks which get dry.
Dollish Viel Vita BB Cream


 The sample was probably enough for 2 applications.
The cream comes out white, but if you look VERY closely you can see tiny dots of pigment which I guess are activated when you rub the cream in. After looking on the website I discovered they actually have a purple based BB and a green based BB, purple for yellow tones, green for red tones; from what I can tell I think I had the green based BB. I used my fingers for application and I liked the consistency, it wasn't too thick nor too thin and it blended in well.

The cream appears to me like a medium coverage with a demi matte finish. You can still see your skin underneath, and obviously without using concealer things like my spots come through slightly.

Due to having lots of product left I decided to try and see what would happen if I tried to build it up so I did this over my undereyes, chin and my nose. Overall I didn't see much difference in adding more but I think if you wanted a higher coverage you could just add concealer to any problem areas.

The cream felt slightly sticky to the touch as it was setting but one it was set it felt fairly soft.

Deciding to stay with the brand, I used my Lioele Be My Skin Powder Pact in #21 Blooming Ivory with my Real Techniques Blush brush (which I like to use as an all over powder brush) to set the BB cream as my oily skin is guaranteed to remove any liquid product pretty quickly without it. This left the skin with a demi matte/matte finish.


When I had finished with the rest of my make-up, which I decided to do lightly, I was pleased with how my skin looked as it was evened out.

Make-up Applied:
Barry M Lash modelling mascara after curling with Revlon lash curler
Barry M black khol eye pencil to water line
Laura Geller Balance n Bronze as a countour applied with ELF Studio stipple brush
Maybelline Chic Naturals Designer Chocolates - Liner colour applied to eyebrows using the angled end of the H&M Selected smokey eye brush
Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry me

4 hours later



So over the first half an hour to an hour wearing this BB cream I felt pretty aware that I had stuff on my face. I don't know if this is because I'm not used to having a product this high a coverage on my face but the feeling went once I got used to it.

In real life my face is now a more demi matte - dewy finish and I do feel like I could use an oil blotting paper (which I definitely would if I wasn't doing this first impressions). On camera I am a tad more shiny, but again something I think a blotting paper would fix. 

There's a very slight gathering on the product in the lines under my eyes and there was also some weird gathering lines on the right side of my nose which my camera couldn't really pick up; I don't know if these were caused by me itching my nose or what but I rubbed them in and they went. From far away you can't see any gathering and it looks fine.

I still feel like the coverage is there, my skin is still even and my contour has pretty much stayed with maybe a tiny bit of fading.


4 hours later, 8 hours total


Due to lack of sunlight the "no flash" picture is still using artificial lighting.
By 8 hours I felt I had a dewy finish on my skin, but I wasn't horribly shiny nor was it anything a shine sheet couldn't fix. The coverage evening out my skin was mostly there, although some redness came through around my nose and on my cheeks near my nose.


I decided to take off half my make-up with a simple make-up wipe on half my face to really see how much coverage the BB cream still had, and I'm pretty pleased with how much it has. My skin was still an even colour in contrast to my make-upless half.



Beyond the Solution BB Cream

Beyond the Solution feels less thick than Dollish BB, but still not too runny and easy to blend. The picture above is the amount I used for my entire face.


(Apologies for my wet hair)
I think BTS BB has a good coverage, about medium/high, and nice and even. It feels smooth as you blend it into the skin, which I did with my fingers and has a demi matte finish. It feels sticky to the touch, stickier than the Dollish BB and has some shine with a flash on the camera.
I also found it gathered in the lines under my eyes immediately, but it doesn't cling to any dry patches.


Even with powder on top (the same Lioele powder used as before), it still feels sticky and slightly uncomfortable on the skin, again, more so than with Dollish BB. The shine is almost gone with flash with powder on the top; it still feels demi matte but a bit more matte then before powder.


I used exactly the same make-up as I did with Dollish BB and overall I like the coverage and how it looks, but it still feels a bit sticky and a bit uncomfortable.

4 hours later


The sticky feeling lasted at least an hour and a half and currently if I touch my face with my hand it still doesn't feel fully set and I would like to use a blotting wipe BUT I do like how the BB cream looks. I don't think there's much difference in how it's worn over the past 4 hours in pictures, although I am a bit more shiny with flash, and my contour doesn't seem to have faded in real life at all. There is a bit of gathering of the product in the lines under my eyes and on the sides of my nose though. Overall I think it's holding up well so far.

4 hours later, 8 hours total


So after the 8 hours I still felt like most of the product stayed in place, but I noticed some redness showing around my nose. I also saw some gathering of the BB cream on my forehead, around my nostrils and in the lines under my eyes. By 8 hours the BB cream was more dewy/oily.
I think if I had used blotting papers during the day it would've been less oily meaning the product wouldn't have broken down so much and gathered in certain places, but on it's own it's not brilliant for my oily skin.


You can see some coverage and evenness is still there where the BB cream is in comparison to my half of the face with no make-up which I can appreciate.


Overall I think both the BB creams are good, but dependent on your skin and your needs would decide which you invest in. I think I prefer the Dollish Veil Vita BB cream, but I would probably be happy with either and I'm pretty used to having to pay attention to what my foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturiser is doing due to my oily/combo skin.
I think it's unfortunate but uncommon that BB creams only come in lighter shades, even on the Western market. 
I think I'll try out some different foundations first before deciding to invest in either of these products though.

Clara xx



No comments:

Post a Comment